Apple Almond Bread Pudding
2 C Whole Milk
1 C Granulated Sugar
4 TBS Melted Butter
1 TSP Cinnamon
1 TSP Almond Extract
1 TSP Vanilla
1/4 C Disaronno
1 Loaf of Callah
3 Diced Honey Crisp Apples
1/2 C White Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Sliced almonds
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together milk, sugar, eggs, butter, cinnamon, almond, vanilla and disaronno.
2. Once well mixed add callah (cut into one inch cubes), apples, chocolate chips and almonds.
3. Let all stand for 5 minutes until break soaks up the mixture
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
5. Portion mixture into 6 small ramekins.
6. Place ramekins into deep sheet pan half filled with water
7. Cover pan with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove foil and sprinkle with a little sugar to taste and bake until golden brown (additional 10-15 minutes).
Magnolia's Candied Sweet Potatoes
-2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
-4 tablespoons unsalted butter
-1 teaspoon kosher salt
-1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
-1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
-1 tablespoon vanilla extract
-1/4 cup brandy
-Zest of 1 orange
-3 1/2 pounds medium-sized sweet potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with vegetable cooking spray.
3. In a saucepan, mix the brown sugar, heavy cream, butter and spices with a wooden spoon and cook over medium-low heat.
4. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Add the vanilla, brandy and orange zest; cook another minute to thicken further.
5. Turn off the heat, cool slightly; set aside
6.Peel and slice sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch circles and arrange in prepared baking dish.